Torino Golf Club was founded in 1920, the inspired idea of 11 people with unbounded passion and determination in the years of reconstruction following the First World War. Its first location was in the Basso Canavese region, near San Maurizio, in the middle of a heath used, among other things, for military exercises.
In 1924 Torino golf club moved to the Mirafiori hippodrome: nine holes shared with the race course. A more suitable location was needed so the new field at Colle della Maddalena was chosen.
However the final site was only found in 1956, in the current location of La Mandria, one of the most beautiful and charming regional parks in the Po river plain, previously the Royal House of Savoy’s game reserve, only a stone’s throw from the Baroque splendor of Reggia di Venaria Reale palace. Among the many events that mark its golfing history, it is worth mentioning the 1999 Italian Open, organized and held at the club (see photo) during the enlightened presidency of Sergio Pininfarina and the 70° Open d’Italia Lindt 2013 and 71° Open d’Italia by Damiani during the presidency of Lorenzo Silva. Over the last 20 years, the club has seen an increase in activities producing an ever-increasing number of champions, an increase that is also due to the club’s particularly attentive policy towards its Youth Club.
Torino La Mandria golf club’s list of sporting achievements is one of the longest and most impressive in Italy. Its trophy cabinet (see photo above) proudly displays all the most important international trophies, as well as every national competition and tournament.
Torino golf club is the stomping ground of Edoardo and Francesco Molinari, international champions and standard bearers for Italy (as well as for the club itself) in the world’s biggest international golfing tournaments: two names and two champions, born and raised on this Turin golf course and who added the 2009 World Cup and the 2010 and 2012 editions of the Ryder Cup (European team) to the club’s roll of honor, two trophies that very few golf courses in the world can display in their Club House’s trophy cabinet.